top of page




If you are running a business as a sole trader or you are an individual such as a landlord letting out property and in receipt of rental income, or a sub-contractor who has had tax stopped at source, you will be required to file an annual tax return to HMRC.The deadline date for filing your return is 31st January following the end of the tax year.You could be penalised for not doing so.

At Laura O'Brien's Accountancy Services we use HMRC approved software to complete your tax return, calculate your tax liability, file your return online and liaise with you on the amounts due to be paid and the dates they are due.

We will also investigate whether there is anything you could be doing to reduce your tax bill and advise you accordingly on this.Let us take the worry away from filing your annual tax return so that you can concentrate on running your business!

Open Book


We can offer monthly or quarterly bookkeeping to suit your needs.  Using a bookkeeper can save you time and money in the long run.  We offer a wide range of bookkeeping services.  We will explain what records are required and what you can and can’t claim for.  We can sort, type up and analyse all your financial documents.  From this we are then able to prepare if necessary, your VAT return, calculate any liability if due and submit direct to HMRC using the approved online submission software.  Let us take away the hassle of bookkeeping, so you can focus on growing your business. 

Researching and Writing


From 1st April 2019, Making Tax Digital came into place which requires VAT registered businesses with a taxable turnover above the VAT threshold to keep records in digital form and file their VAT returns using HMRC approved software.

Whether you are just starting out or you have been in business for a while….we can help!

If you are starting out, we can monitor your situation and advise you on whether we think you need to go VAT registered.If you do need to go VAT registered, we can get you set up and we will deal with all the paperwork for you.We can prepare your VAT returns either from your own bookkeeping records or we can look after both your record keeping and your VAT returns for you.

Pile of Coins


If your business grows to a point where you need to start employing people, we can provide you with a weekly or monthly payroll processing service using our HMRC approved software.  We understand that running payroll can be a daunting process when it comes to understanding the duties required by you as an employer.  Meeting your obligations to HMRC can be confusing and time consuming.  Especially with the added extra responsibilities of auto enrolment pension contributions that has come in to force over the last few years.  The auto enrolment legislation requires employers to automatically enrol certain workers into a qualifying workplace pension scheme and make contributions.

bottom of page